HELP! Vista search not indexing/searching Outlook 2007 Deleted Items

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by masterbeat, Apr 10, 2007.

1. masterbeat

masterbeat

I'm going crazy trying to get the deleted emails in the "Deleted Items" folder of my Outlook 2007 to appear in Vista's search. On my new desktop with Windows Vista Ultimate, nothing in deleted items is appearing in my search. I often delete items knowing i can find them again in search.

I have Ultimate on my laptop and my deleted items DO show up in Vista search. All of the settings on both machines are the same as far as i can tell.

In Outlook 2007, i do have the "Include messages from Deleted Items folder in each data file..." selcted, and in Vista search i don't see any options in the indexing options to tell it HOW to search in Outlook 2007, just basically to search the mailbox and that's it.

HELP! i want to search my deleted items from Vista's START menu search! Why does it work on one computer and not the other?

masterbeat, Apr 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. masterbeat

snAKes

I'm trying to figure this out too.

I guess I'll have to go back to Google Desktop and listen to both indexers scavenge my hard disk. I loved Google Desktop but I could getWindows Search to include deleted e-mail, I would be able to get along with only 1 index.

I don't see a way to disable Windows search either. It would be nice if you could replace the Windows Search with the Google Desktop Search engine, for a nicely integrated solution with more power.

I'll update this thread when I figure something out.

snAKes, Apr 13, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question