Help! Cutting and Pasting files -- PROBLEM!!!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Avrohom, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Avrohom

Avrohom

I was in the middle of cutting and pasting over 3 GB of files to burn to a DVD.

In the middle the computer complained about not enough room on the DVD. Now I can't find the files that the computer did not succeed in moving.

Where can I locate them?

Avrohom

Avrohom, Oct 26, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Avrohom

Avrohom

When I saw there wasn't enough room on the DVD, I inserted a new DVD. That is when I didn't see the missing files. But when I reinserted the first DVD -- I saw all my files again -- ready to be burned.

I find this confusing: for one DVD the computer shows the files ready to be burned. But for a different DVD -- these files are not shown.:cool:

Avrohom, Oct 26, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Avrohom

Ztruker

Never cut and paste to a cd/dvd. Always use copy and paste then delete the files once you are sure they are good on the disc.

Ztruker, Oct 30, 2013
  4. Avrohom

Avrohom

Yes, I was thinking this is good advice: Cutting & pasting to a CD/DVD can be dangerous.:(

Much safer your method: to copy and paste -- and then check your CD to see everything seems fine. Then delete.:)

Avrohom, Oct 30, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question