HELP!!!!!!! Can no longer log on to Workstation

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by suga4oot, Jan 30, 2008.

1. suga4oot

suga4oot

I'm in a bit of a pickle here. Got a brand new Dell Vostro 200 desktopwith Win Vista Business on it, did the initial setup where it guides you to create a user account, lets call it 'john'.

Once logged in I change the Administrator (The default built-in account for administering the computer/domain)password and then delete the user account 'john' due to the fact that i was going to join the workstation to a domain.

However upon loggin out and trying to log in with un: administrator, it says that the account has been disabled and to contact an administrator, but how can this be when its still in WORKGROUP and not a Domain yet...?? And the user account 'john' is still coming up on the welcom screen, which i obviously cant use coz its non existent.

How doI go about enabling the admin account for me to log in????

suga4oot, Jan 30, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. suga4oot

suga4oot

Phew, after almost scratching all the hair on my head I finally started the PC in safe mode and went into the Computer management to enable the admin.

Hope this might help other users

suga4oot, Jan 30, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. suga4oot

WAW8

You got me confused, here. Let's make sure we have our terms straight.

When you talk about the builti-in Admin account, you mean the "real" one that is hidden and has to be enabled in order to see it? Or do you mean the account you setup when you installed Vista? I'm confused because if you "unhid" and enabled the "real" Admin account, as you say you did, then you shouldn't have to boot into safe mode later to do the same thing a second time.

WAW8, Jan 31, 2008
  4. suga4oot

suga4oot

Yes I mean the "real" one that is hidden (changed password on that). I forgot to enable it before deleting the created user when installing vista and logged out hence not being able to log back in with either of the accounts, therefore could not log in to PC at all.

suga4oot, Feb 3, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question