Help! 3 drivers not found Vista Ultimate will not boot.

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Tjcrazy, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Tjcrazy

Tjcrazy

Ok I will copy and paste the message:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:

aswSP

spldr

Wanarpv6

I found it in vista event viewer. I am currently running vista in safe mode and dont really want to restart the pc. This is my first post on these forums and they look great. SO please help!

MY PC Specs:

2 (1x1) gb RAM

1.6Ghz CEL E1200 Dual Core CPU

Vista Ultimate

CD Driver tongue.gif

256MB GFX Card

Nothing else you really need to know smile.gif

Tjcrazy, Jun 17, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Tjcrazy

Jordus

Did you just install Vista Sp1?

Jordus, Jun 17, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. Tjcrazy

WAW8

Ok, as far as I know, these drivers are the following:

- aswSP: antivirus (Avast)

- spldr: Security Process (MS)

- Wanarpv6: Remote access via IP v6 (MS)

Your post says you can't boot Ultimate, but yet you clearly can boot into safe mode. So, I would try to rule out the more obvious failure possibilities.

If the drivers are truly "missing", you could try booting to a command line and running "sfc /scannow" -- which will restore missing OS system files from a Vista DVD. Don't know if it will restore the driver files as well, but it's worth a shot.

If the drivers are corrupted, you could have a failing drive or corrupted file system. Run CHKDSK on your OS partition to check for that. IF you can find out the manufacturer of your hard drive, some of them provide utilities that can be run to check the "health" of the drive. That's worth checking out.

Another possibility is that a virus clobbered your "security" and "antivirus" drivers. Since you were already running Avast, that's unlikely. But, to find and fix this, you'd have to be able to run an AV tool from outside Windows, that is, from Boot. Don't know of anything offhand -- perhaps someone else can suggest something.

Finally, you could try booting from the DVD and running Startup Repair. As with the others, might not fix the problem -- but it's worth a shot.

WAW8, Jun 18, 2008
  4. Tjcrazy

Jordus

Pretty much what WAW said.

Though, check your even viewer before running CHKDSK because vista has self-healing NTFS which may be logging errors that provide clues to a HD failure.

If its showing errors, you will probably want to go ahead and replace the disk.

If its not, run a CHKDSK just to be sure nothing exists.

Jordus, Jun 18, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question