Hello...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by David803, May 4, 2008.

1. David803

David803

Hi everyone, just checking in. I bought a laptop with Vista (Home Premium) installed yesterday and am still getting to grips with it. I'm very used to XPSP2 so comparisons are unavoidable! My worst gripes are that I can't sync my MP3 player with a media player (I need to upgrade some firmware...) and my cheapo USB stick doesn't work. On the other hand it's all very pretty and seems to fit together nicely. We will see. I may need advice. Which is why I'm here... ;-)

David803, May 4, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. David803

Poppy

Hello. I am a teacher of Seniors at the local senior center. I have taught Seniors for almost 20 years. They have some particular problems. They often have trouble mastering the mouse. Many are so scared of the computer, they are afraid of something breaking if they hit the wrong key. They have read some things about the computer and are scared to death of virus'. I have to reassure them and give them the name of a free virus program. There are two, AVG and Avast. AVG has been trying to switch everyone to their paying program so Avast is a better choice for now.

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1501 with Vista Home Premium. I bought it just over a year ago and am very happy with it. I have AT&T DSL.

Poppy, May 18, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question