Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by VistaRocks, Jan 1, 2007.

1. VistaRocks

VistaRocks

Im just another noob to this forum. Been using Vista RC2 since its release, hopefully ill be able to help contribute some info, if not, ill hopefully learn more,lol. Im from NY,usa.:D Thanks for letting me join this little community.

VistaRocks, Jan 1, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. VistaRocks

Jason

Welcome! Nice Grand Prix? You are car guy?

Jason, Jan 1, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. VistaRocks

VistaRocks

Thanks. Actually its a 2003 Grand Am. Yea im a car guy and computers,lol. Thanks

VistaRocks, Jan 1, 2007
  4. VistaRocks

MafiaLord91

Nothing special? Wow I have a P4 2.4 and a 3.2 just seems awesome (I do have a gig of dual channel though and an Ati Radeon X1650 512 mb AGP graphics card though). Custom or pre-built?

MafiaLord91, Jan 1, 2007
  5. VistaRocks

VistaRocks

Oh its a pre built except the gfx card.I would have liked a better card but this one gets er done, lol.

VistaRocks, Jan 1, 2007
  6. VistaRocks

Jason

Sam here, I'm a car and computer buff. My cars a 96' firebird formula, which is almost always on the jacks.

Thats a sweet pickup in the background of your pics you should get on restoring that. :D

Jason, Jan 9, 2007
  7. VistaRocks

Camride

I'm also a car/computer guy. I'm driving a '01 Audi A4 Quattro right now but I still miss my '94 Camaro Z28. I plan on getting something faster in the near future. And when '09 rolls around I will be getting a brand new Camaro! I probably sound like it but I'm not really a American only car guy, I appreciate anything that is built well. That's one of the reasons I got the Audi, the interior still amazes me with how well it's put together.

:)

Camride, Jan 10, 2007
  8. VistaRocks

Jason

Thats cool, never knew you were are car guy. Audi's are great cars. I've been in an A6 Quattro before the interior is excellent along w/ ride quality. Can't really go wrong w/ German engineering. Thats sweet that you had a '94 Z28 w/ the good old LT1, I used to have a 93' Firebird Formula Automatic v8, and recently got the '96 Formula manual 6 speed. Love it, almost as much as it loves gasoline. It gets tuff when gas is up around $2.80 during the summer. Having a nice 4 cyl daily driver would be nice, but I don't have the room to store another car.

Jason, Jan 10, 2007
  9. VistaRocks

VistaRocks

That truck is out back of a house where i grew up, i kind of snuck in and snaped that pic. I would love to have the room to do it though:).

Btw if anyone cares, my Grand Am has the 3400 V6 engine with a cold air intake and a flowmaster 80 series exhaust with custom painted interior pieces also the grills arecustom andpainted blue. I belong to a Grand Am club that has an annual meet about 50 miles from my house that i attend. We have about 18,000 members world wide. If you wanna see some more Grand Ams better than mine skip on over to gaownersclub.com. Thanks.

VistaRocks, Jan 11, 2007
  10. VistaRocks

Camride

Yeah, I loved my 'ol LT1. It was a great car, I had an auto also. I always wanted to do a 6 speed swarp, but never had the money. The funny thing is my Audi gets only a little better gas mileage than my LT1 did. I'd usually average about 18-19 in my LT1 and I only average 21-22 in my Audi. The AWD and turbo really eat up the gas mileage unfortunately. I keep thinking about selling it to get into something that is a little more economical, but I just enjoy driving the car so much. If it had about 50 more hp I'd never sell it. So I keep thinking of doing a couple small mods to up the HP. I'm not sure. I've got to fix a couple small things on it and see what I decide. I know if I get something that's better on gas mileage i'm going to miss the build quality of my Audi. It's a hard decision. The biggest thing is my wife and I are trying to get all out debt paid off, so that's why I keep thinking about getting a gas miser. We'll see what this year has to offer.

:)

Camride, Jan 12, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question