Having trouble with an Application

Discussion in 'Security' started by pat-fujimoto, Sep 19, 2007.

1. pat-fujimoto

pat-fujimoto

Hello to all!

We started a small service to backup data online. It is very new and we have had good success.

Unfortunately, I am unable to get our application to run properly using the built-in Vista firewall. No matter how I change the settings (including using the snap-in) I cannot get our app to work.

We use FTP over SSL in passive mode to send and retrieve files.

If I substitute the Vista firewall with a third-party product, everything works as it should.

I do not want to post the web site here, as it is probably not appropriate to advertise in any fashion on the forum.

If anybody that has a good understanding of Vista and the firewall, would like to assist me in discovering what issue is, I would be more than happy to give you a free account as a way of saying thanks.

Please send me a private email if you are interested in helping.

pat-fujimoto, Sep 19, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. pat-fujimoto

v.75043111

Have you tried adding your app to the exceptions list? Tried that with SQL Server (add port 1443 to the exceptions - works like a charm!). You might try doing a basic search to see if any port numbers come up that you can add...it might help.

v.75043111, Apr 25, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question