Having problem installing Vista Service Pack 2??

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by drandhawa, Dec 20, 2009.

1. drandhawa

drandhawa

1. Before you evn try to install vista sp2 disable and close all ur applications and programs. evn your security programs. This is the reason its installing slow.

2. If you think your computer is stuck at Installing service pack stage 3 of 3 - 50% , 60% or whatever percentage do not shut your computer down because it is not forzen. it just taking its time because you did not close or disable your programs. it will take couple of hours. :(

3. If your computer is done installing and is now on your desktop but is not fully loaded and is taking a long time. Shutdown your computer and run it in safe mode and it will automatically come back to the Installing service pack process but this time it will install faster because in safe mode your computer doesnt run a lot of programs.

WELL I HOPE I HELPED...

drandhawa, Dec 20, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. drandhawa

congpine

I think the slow process might be due to hard drive errors.

Windows will try to move the files system around and install/updating the files. While doing so, it need to copy the additional and old files to another area on your hard drive.

If there are some bad sectors or your HDD sectors are hard to read, that will slow down the process.

there was 1 laptop took me 2h for fresh installation while it normally take 45mins--1h

I then check the hard drive and there were a lot of errors ---> we'd better buy a new HDD

congpine, Apr 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question