Graphics crashes when enabling Aero

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by sylvestermax, Feb 12, 2007.

1. sylvestermax

sylvestermax

I've just gotten Vista up and running this weekend. I had to swap out the nvidiadrivers while running XP. I still get random drops of the nvidia driver with a window popping up stating that it has restarted the driver. About 95% of the time, when the driver restarts, thedisplay graphics become noisy and garbled. I can't really make anything out after this happens. <P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">My problem is this.....I decided to enable Aero to see how it looked and it brought my graphics down hard. This should not happen with a 7800GT graphics card. (It must be the drivers :crazy: ) My question is...How can I turn Aero off while in "safe mode"? I sure can't do it when booted up normally as I can't see anything because my graphics keep on dropping in and out along with a garbled screen.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN>

sylvestermax, Feb 12, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question