Graphics Card & Monitor in deep sleep w/ Vista SP2

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by krhaugh, Jul 14, 2009.

1. krhaugh

krhaugh

I recently updated my Vista 32 to SP2. I have a Dell Slim Line with a Radeon X1300 Graphics Card, using DVI to a Samsung 2493HM Monitor. I have never had a problem with the card and/or monitor waking up until SP2 was installed. Now, all I get on the monitor is the 1 per second blue flashing light. Unplugging the monitor, turning off the power or unplugging the card does nothing. Samsung has not responded but I have no idea how to get these out of the sleep mode. Eventually (hours), the monitor and/or card must reset itself because the monitor will awaken and the flashing blue light becomes fixed. I can then rehook up the computer and reboot and life is good again. The only think I have seen to do is to shut down the computer everytime I am done using it and that really isn't all that practical.

When I install my old 13 inch monitor using the blue analog cable, I have no issues with awakening this monitor.

krhaugh, Jul 14, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. krhaugh

WAW8

Have you checked your power settings to see if/when you put the monitor to sleep?

If those are set to "never", it's not a settings problem.

Presuming your video card has both vga and DVI output jacks, and a different monitor works OK using the vga jack, suggest you get one of the vga-to-DVI adapters and hook your Samsung cable to the vga jack and see if the problem continues. If it does, that imples a problem with the monitor; if it doesn't, that implies a signalling problem with the DVI output on the video card.

WAW8, Jul 15, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question