Graphics card allocation

Discussion in 'Gaming Support' started by acrudge, Feb 18, 2008.

1. acrudge

acrudge

I have a computer running Vista with an nVidia GeForce 8500 graphics card, 4gb of RAM, and an Intel Quad processor running at 2.4 gHz. When playing video games my graphics card is always the limiting factor slowing everything down. I've already tried overclocking it and that did very little... Is there any way to have the graphics card allocate some of its load to the cpu's or memory?

acrudge, Feb 18, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. acrudge

WAW8

No. In a system with onboard video, it uses the system memory, but that's because there is no separate graphics card. With a separate graphics card, you get what you get, and that's it.

WAW8, Feb 21, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. acrudge

kingofnexus

Perhaps you should have spent less on the fancy quad core processor and 4gb ram and spent more on a graphics card ;)

kingofnexus, Feb 22, 2008
  4. acrudge

overkoreone

ok...correct me if im wrong but u said nvidia 8500... thats not onboard... thats separate.

i dont get ur problem cause im running an 8600 mgt with 2g of ram and a core2 at 2.0..... ive run gears of war, moh airborne, nfs pro street and currently call of duty 4 no probs.

i dunno.... i just checked ur card... its a 128 so that might be a part of the prob but shouldnt be a killer, mines a 256.

make sure ur running directx 10, if ur not it should make the diff.

if nothing else works.... get a new card... 8800 or sumthing:)

overkoreone, Mar 12, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question