Got hacked please help!!

Discussion in 'Security' started by boston, Feb 8, 2012.

1. boston

boston

Hello Folks,

First time here and I ask to forgive me if some thing stuppid comes out on my side))

here the story, happened today:

I was sitting and writing my emails as usual and my screen went Black for a minute and came back to normal, all of sudden I noticed some one hacked my email account which is hotmail, and sent out all kinds of crap to my contacts and I have over 60 emails sent from my account in 1-2 minutes))

Here is what i did buddy of mine recomended to me to download HiJackThis Soft and come here with scanned logfile and ASK for help!
    I'm usin VISTA HOME on my Desktop,

if there is any other ways to find and remove virus warms or what ever they use to hack you please please help))

Thank you In advance!

BTW: where and Have I can post scanned log file? here?

boston, Feb 8, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. boston

WAW8

Sorry ... but when we used to have a whole staff of Mods, we had the time to troubleshoot individual logs for folks, but now that we have only a couple of Mods, I personally, don't have the available time to do this.

Maybe Cliff has the time -- I don't know.

If you have an AV installed, it obviously didn't do a good job of protecting you. So, at this point, about all you can do is the following:
    1) Download free AV products and run them. Couple that come to mind are MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and SuperAntiSpyWare.
    2) Download and burn free AV boot disks, boot from them, connect to the Internet to update their definitions -- and run scans. Couple of places that provide these are Kaspersky and Avira.
    3) Download and run the TDSSkiller (Root Kit remover) from Kaspersky and run that.

WAW8, Feb 8, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. boston

boston

Hey thanks for Reply!

I did download this:3) DTDSSkiller (Root Kit remover) from Kaspersky and ran that

it didn't find any thing according to scann every thing is OK

boston, Feb 8, 2012
  4. boston

WAW8

All that means is that you have no rootkits on your drive. You still need to consider doing 1) and 2).

WAW8, Feb 9, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question