Google SLOW after windows update

Discussion in 'Performance & Tweaks' started by totempole, Oct 20, 2010.

1. totempole

totempole

I consider this a perfomance issue, however, it may belong in another catagory.
    I was a long time hold out on updating to service pack1. Recently, I gave in and performed the update. Immediatly after that Google now takes a minimum of 35 seconds, or more to load. In addition, any searches used with Google take approximatly the same time. This is the only search engine that has slowed down. Bing, Alta Vista, etc are fine.
    Does anyone have any thoughts.

totempole, Oct 20, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. totempole

WAW8

Sorry, don't have a solution ... My Google searches have not shown any decrease in speed or drop in performance ... but my situation is different from yours.

When I upgraded my home desktop to SP1, it went so badly (my machine crashed upon reboot), that I had to reinstall from scratch using a new SP1-included Vista DVD (supplied by MS). That was back in the days when the SP1 upgrade experience was so uniformly awful that, not only was MS providing free online support, but they were also shipping folks SP1-included DVDs upon proof of authenticity of Vista original DVDs.

WAW8, Oct 25, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. totempole

totempole

Thanks

I too had a similar experience trying to install SP1 early with my Vista DVD Microsoft sent me. It failed. That is why I waited so long to attempt it again. I can tell you that I have used XP at work for several years (still do) and have no troubles at all. Thanks again.

totempole, Oct 25, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question