going from double click to single click

Discussion in 'Performance & Tweaks' started by johnviv, Oct 4, 2007.

1. johnviv

johnviv

hi all

im new to vista home premium, how do i alter from double click with the mouse to single click any help would be much appreciated

many thanks

johnviv, Oct 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. johnviv

kingofnexus

Go into My computer. Press alt and let go. This should bring the classic file, view etc. Go into Tools>Folder Options. In the general tab (should appear first) on the third item select "Single Click to Open an Item". Select OK. Now you should be able to single click everything!

kingofnexus, Oct 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. johnviv

cyclic

I cannot remember what it's like to double click, but it can be a pain in the wotsit when your fixing someones 'puter and you sit for ages sometimes waiting for a clicked thingy to respond, then you realize all you done is select it.

cyclic, Oct 5, 2007
  4. johnviv

kingofnexus

! I cannot dream of turning single click on! Double clicking is just so much more precise. I would hate opening something up when I just wanted to move the item somewhere but decided against it at the last second. No, double clicking is definately the way to go.

kingofnexus, Oct 5, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question