Getting "igfx friver stops responding" problem, very annoying......please help

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by eurosport360, Nov 18, 2009.

1. eurosport360

eurosport360

Hello to all,

So I have a HP IQ500 TouchSmart Desktop at the moment:

Here are the specs:

CPU: Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T6400

Chipset/Video: Intel Mobile 4 Series, Intel GM45/GM47 (This is the problem)

RAM: 4 Gigs DDR2

System Number: NC701AAR

Serial Number: 3CU85012FN

BID: 91NAv6XrA2

So whenever I turn on the system, after I run a few light aplications, like Internet Explorer or PC Wizard for example, the screen turns dark for 2 seconds, and the error message: "igfx display driver has stopped responding and was successfully recovered" pops up. This may happen once every 30 minutes or even around 5 times in 20 Seconds, resulting in a blue screen of death. The latest driver which is currently installed for the Intel chipset is 15.13.6.64.1908 (7.15.10.1908) which seems to be causing the problems. This driver is also unsigned by microsoft, but is the most current driver to date (pcd5srvc_x64.pkms, igfxcoin_v1908.dll, and igdkmd64.sys comes up as unsigned in sigverif.exe). I uninstall this driver through Hardware Manager, but the current driver then goes down to (6.0.6001.18000). Even though this old driver is stable, my resolution is horrible and websites with picture intensive pages lag and flash like crazy.

I've been searching the internet all night with this problem, and this is my last resort for an answer. I don't know what else to do. I can't even find a lower driver version for this chipset on Intel's support page.

Thanks.

eurosport360, Nov 18, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. eurosport360

WAW8

Drivers are an especially difficult problem to fix.

You've done the generally recommended thing -- obtained the most current driver -- and still, this does not fix the problem.

Suggest you try the Microsoft Update Catalog -- this is a searchable catalog of all the drivers that MS provides. It allows you to download specific driver versions.

Perhaps you will be able to find a driver version that works.

Good Luck!

WAW8, Nov 19, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. eurosport360

eurosport360

OK, now that I disabled Windows Aero, it seems to be stable, but this also did not solve the total problem.

When I have windows Aero enabled, and specifically when I move icons on my desktop to different places (Just dragging and dropping), my Chipset's driver fails on me, but successfully recovers. Also, when I hit Alt tab, the driver crashes immediately and "recovers" for about 5 times until the Blue Screen of Death appears.

The point of getting this touch screen is to use the Windows Aero for the HP TouchSmart Application that comes with it, and without windows Aero, much of that experience will be lost.

It's confirmed that Windows Aero is causing the main problem of the driver failing, I am 90% sure, but I don't want to disable it.

Any suggestions for this? ^^^^

You mentioned something about the Microsoft update catalog. Can you give me the location of it? I would like to see what other drivers are available for this chipset.

eurosport360, Nov 19, 2009
  4. eurosport360

WAW8

Didn't catch that you have an HP with a touch screen. In that case, your best bet would be to contact HP to get their support. Agreed that it's not much use without the working video drivers.

Try Googling for Microsoft Update Catalog.

WAW8, Nov 19, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question