General lag and update difficlty

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by rrosell, Aug 27, 2009.

1. rrosell

rrosell

My computer uses Vista Home Premium edition. In the past day or two I have had a problem with the following symtoms:

First, when I type in any program (outlook, word, etc.) it takes any number of strokes before the character will appear. Very frustrating.

Second, when you attempt to shut down the computer, it goes through the logout and shut down, the screen turns black, but the computer does not turn off fully. The fan continues to run (and does so constantly) and the on off switch stays lighted. If you press the on off button it is not possible to boot the computer up again while it is in this state.

I appears as if something is going on in the background that is preventing the computer to function normally.

It is also not possible to fully load (install) a new update from Microsoft. It beings to try to install but it hangs up in the process.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be and how I might solve it?

Thanks

RR

rrosell, Aug 27, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question