Geforce 7600GS & Update

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by PorPorMe, May 10, 2008.

1. PorPorMe

PorPorMe

I found out the hard way that if I update my video drivers via Micrsoft Update, my desktop completly dissapears on re-boot and I get a yellow screen.It's pretty bad whenMicrosofts own drivers don't work! I have found only 2 drivers that work ANDgive me video out. One is 165.25_omega_beta.exe a driver that was tweeked for gameing and 100.65.winvista_32bit_international.exe. 100.65 is the one I use most all the time now.

Hope this helps someone........or at least supplies a small grin.:)

PorPorMe, May 10, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. PorPorMe

WAW8

OK, I could be wrong here (since I can't actually examine the drivers in question), but in the vast majority of cases, the drivers are NOT written by MS.

I see you have an Nvidia card. So, are you using Nvidia drivers? IF so, yell at them, not MS. IF not, why not? MS only provides the most basic functionality in its generic video drivers.

Also, it's a very BAD practice to allow Windows Update to automatically update any device drivers. Set it to download only, and do a backup before you do any driver update.

Don't get me work, I'm not DEFENDING MS, but if other folks' drivers suck, then blame the right people -- the driver writers, not MS.

WAW8, May 10, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question