Fuzzy letters

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Heel, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Heel

Heel

Thanks in advance. I'm new to Vista having just purchased a new computer with it loaded. I'm not sure I like it yet, especially Windows Mail. I have two questions right now...

1. The print on Windows Mail is fuzzy. I'm sure this could have something to do with the monitor but any suggestions will be appreciated.

2. Can I enhance the contrast of things such as the Start menu... the writing is very dull.

Thanks again...

Heel, Dec 25, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Heel

kingofnexus

Sounds like you have either a bad monitor, bad graphics card drivers or bad eyesight.

If you think you have dodgy eyesight, try either reducing the resolution of your monitor (right click desktop> personalize> display settings > move the slider to the left), or go into control panel, ease of access center.

Make sure the settings on your monitor are correct, you may need to up the contrast/brightness/both.

Make sure you have latest graphics card drivers.

Try a different monitor/ monitor on a different computer.

I can assure you that the start menu text is the same as XP, black writing on a white background (white on black on the right hand side)..

kingofnexus, Dec 27, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Heel

Heel

Thanks for the info... I've adjust my resolution but now the screen is not completely full. There is grey or white areas to right and left. I'm just having problems with Vista I guess... things were easily understandable on XP. :w00t:

Heel, Dec 28, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question