Future Forum Software & Direction of VistaForums.com

Discussion in 'Announcements, Suggestions and Feedback' started by Jason, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Jason

Jason

Okay folks after much deliberation and hair pulling incidents w/ the current software. I have decided to not change..for now. Doesn't make sense right?

Well I recently talked w/ the developer of the current forum software and he will be rolling out an update version which fully supports xhtml strict standards, fully utilizes asp.net 2.0 and will include many bug fixes including Firefox related problems will be fixed.

This update is expected first quarter of 2008 which could be anytime now. So I am opting to hold off on any software changes temporarily until I can roll out this new update. If the new update is sour I have another software package in mind which we will switch to promptly. By waiting for this new update it will save a lot of money and time assuming it fixes our problems. Switching to new software will require more time to implement our current design and further delay future features.

I am waiting on the new update before the new design is rolled out, as it has been done for a while but has some incompatibilities w/ Firefox because of the current software version not supporting xhtml css standards. I am also holding off on many of the improvements I promised earlier as modifying the old code is pointless since I will have to do it all over again w/ the new update.

It shouldn't be more than a month or so, I know some of you are having problems with the current software and I am doing my best to temporarily patch it up. I apologize for any inconveniences.

Jason, Jan 10, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Jason

kingofnexus

Sounds good, no point trying to fix problems yourself which may be fixed very soon.

kingofnexus, Jan 11, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question