Fullscreen visualizations appear in small window

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by BigBrosMo, Oct 16, 2008.

1. BigBrosMo

BigBrosMo

I have been racking my brain for days on this problem and have tried every angle, looked at every web page I could and STILL cannot figure out why VMC is behaving this way. Anyone with some insight, please share!

I am running VMC on a regular 4:3 analog TV via Composite RCA. Whenever I play a song through VMC the screen flickers and then reappears with my desktop in the background and a smaller inset window playing the visualization. If I hit alt-enter TWICE then it will flicker and play the visualization in actual full screen, filling the TV and covering the desktop. So it's as if it goes into a "fullscreen" mode that's not really full screen at first. When I hit alt-enter the first time, it shrinks down slightly, then when I hit it again it goes back to full screen but this time really full screen. I have tried different combinations of desktop resolutions with the same result. I have tried changing the full screen resolution through G-Force itself to 720x480 - though the problem occurs with the default VMC visualizations too so I know its not specific to G-Force. I even tried changing the VMC settings to DV out so it gave me a choice of resolutions for the monitor and none of those make a difference either. The visualization always first appears as a sort of Picture-in-Picture.

Are there any VMC/Resolution/Visaulization gurus out there?

BigBrosMo, Oct 16, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question