Free Or Cheap Backup Software With Specific Functions

Discussion in 'Security' started by Unapvpfa, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Unapvpfa

Unapvpfa

Hi,

I've been using Driveimage XML for Windows Backups for some time. It get the job done. Incremental backup
    would be nice but since Windows is not my primary OS and I don't have a lot of files there, it works fine. There are two things that drive me crazy though:1. On Vista/Windows 7, Driveimage forces me to deactivate UAC and restart every single time I want to backup.2. Driveimage cannot restore to a partition smaller than the one it backed up.Does anyone know of a backup utility
    , free or less than $20, That will allow me to do full image-based backups without either of these limitations? Incremental backups would be cool too, but this may be asking to much for the price range.

Unapvpfa, Jun 17, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Unapvpfa

WAW8

Macrium Reflect (MR) is available in a free version and a paid version. You should go to their site and compare the features. Most free versions don't do incremental backups.

Also, drive imaging software in general can NOT restore a larger partition to a smaller space. However, MR offers something called RoboRestore that will allow you to remove stuff from a backup, thus getting the size down to fit on a smaller space.

EASEUS also now offers backup and recovery software -- but since I don't use it, I don't known their features. However, they also have a free version for download.

WAW8, Jun 17, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question