file sharing vista 2 vista and/or vista 2 xp

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by mothermugger, Jan 2, 2008.

1. mothermugger

mothermugger

:ermm:I have 3 computers, Vista, Vista, and XP - When I had XP all was well - easy in fact to share a file twxit computers using the shared folders.

Now with vista - no go - I am back to sneaker net - I have been all over the internet looking for the basics on what exactly you have to do to get vista public folders to behave.

It keeps asking me to login when I try and access another computers public folder. Do I have to go throught this? We never did with XP.

I don't want to put up a bunch of user ids with paswords - if I do that my computers will not boot without human interevention.

mothermugger, Jan 2, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. mothermugger

MrMagic

There is a registry change you can make so that even if you have passwords on your machines, they will still boot without intervention. If you're concerned about security, not a good idea but if you're not, its an easy change to the registry. I'll see if I can find it and post it for you when I get home

Steve

MrMagic, Jan 2, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question