FDResPub (Function Discovery Resource Publication)

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by shtooltz, Jun 27, 2007.

1. shtooltz

shtooltz

<PRE class=WNPost style="WORD-WRAP: break-word">Hello,</PRE><PRE class=WNPost style="WORD-WRAP: break-word">I have Windows Vista Ultimate and two other XP computers. The two XP's are communicationg through the network (workgroup).</PRE><PRE class=WNPost style="WORD-WRAP: break-word">The problem is the my Vista computer cannot communicate with the XP ones. I have tried to install the LLTD, with no luck.
    I can see those computers in the network map, but I cannot share files or printers.</PRE><PRE class=WNPost style="WORD-WRAP: break-word">In the Network and Sharing center, I have file sharing, public folder sharing, password protected sharing and media sharing ON.
    for some reason, I can't switch the Network Discovery from custom to ON.
    I looked at Windows Help, and I saw that dnscache, fdrespub, ssdpsrv, and upnphost services have to be started.</PRE><PRE class=WNPost style="WORD-WRAP: break-word">For some reason, when I look in the "Services" tab in Task Manager, dnscache, ssdpsrv, and upnphost services are running,
    and only the FDResPub (Function Discovery Resource Publication) service is stopped.
    When I try to start it, I get two types of error messages:
    1. "The operation cpuld not be completed. Access is denied."
    2. Windows could not start the Function Discovery Resource Publication service on Local Computer. Error 0x80070001: Incorrect function.</PRE><PRE class=WNPost style="WORD-WRAP: break-word">My user is an Administrator.</PRE><PRE class=WNPost style="WORD-WRAP: break-word">How can I cause the FDResPub service to run??
    Thank you in advance...</PRE>

shtooltz, Jun 27, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question