FAN....RUNS ON HIGH NON STOP!! need to adjust!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by ed_judo, Sep 1, 2008.

1. ed_judo

ed_judo

HEY I NEED HELP ADJUSTING MY FAN CONTROLS, SOMEHOW WHEN I AM RUNNING ON AC THE FAN IS RUNNING SUPER FAST, WITHOUT HAVING ANY WINDOWS OPEN, IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN MODIFY THE SETTINGS? I HAVE VISTA HOME PREMIUM 64BIT

THANKS!!

ed_judo, Sep 1, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. ed_judo

WAW8

At the risk of getting flamed again (I did the last time I offered some help!) need to mention that this has nothing at all to do with settings in Vista.

Vista has a lot more going on in the background than did XP, so the lack of open windows doesn't really mean your machine is sitting idle.

Depending on the laptop vendor, the fan settings are handled in the BIOS, or if the vendor provides hardware montoring/setting software (as does ASUS), in the vendor software.

You need to look through your BIOS settings. There is also typically, on new machines, a Health Status page (or something named like that) which will show temperatures and fan speeds. Would look at that to see the current CPU temp and the fan speed.

WAW8, Sep 8, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question