Factory image recovery issue

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by paige224, Jul 17, 2011.

1. paige224

paige224

Dell with Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit. I need to restore to factory image. (and I have before due to blue screen) but can't figure out why I can't now. I can't use F8 because the recovery partition was damaged so Dell Facory image restore is not available. F12 and dvd from dell gets me to system recovery option window but I am not able to use recovery because I never made a back up disk. Also I have tried from the recovery option window using the administration window and typing
    path d:\windows;d:\windows\system32
    d:
    CD Tools
    PCRestore
    As soon as I get to Cd Tools it says it's not a valid path. I have been to Dell site and tried all suggested tech support. Thanks for any advise.

paige224, Jul 17, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. paige224

JR81

Have you tried a dir to check the folder is within d:\ (Unless its a hidden folder then that wont work)

Is the laptop/Desktop seeing your recovery partition as D:\ and not E:\ for example? (Again DIR would potentially confirm if this is the case)

Also check the spelling just incase its

d:
    Tools
    PCRestore

Jon

JR81, Aug 2, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. paige224

WAW8

If, as you say, the Recovery partition is damaged, there is simply no way you are going to be able to use it to restore your PC. You will need to contact Dell and get a set of disks to be used for the Restore.

WAW8, Aug 2, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question