EXTREMELY URGENT - laptop screen blank

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by worried88, Feb 20, 2009.

1. worried88

worried88

I have a an HP Pavilion dv9207us laptop. My laptop does not show anything on its screen at all, completely blank. I have to hook up an external monitor to use. I tried updating the graphics card drivers that didn't help, then I tried rollbacking to the old driver. I feel that hooking up an external monitor to my laptop somehow messed up the display profiles or something.

In the Display control panel I do see both monitors, but the laptop one is grayed out. I think I had a different profile that came shipped with the laptop but now I can not find that profile. Is there a file folder where it might be?

I have one profile that reads "1. generic pnp monitor on nvidia geforce go 7600" and one that reads "2. default monitor on nvidia geforce go 7600" I thought before this happened I had a different profile name, the one that had the factory settings in it.

Should I try installing a new .icm profile? Where do I find that default one that factory shipped with the laptop? Or am I looking for a display profile, not a color profile?

I need to fix this by tomorrow noon because I have to take the laptop on an important business trip, but right now its totally unusable without an external monitor!

What can I do?

worried88, Feb 20, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question