Extended monitor will not revert to 1280 x 1024 after Windows update

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by falcodriver, Mar 2, 2011.

1. falcodriver

falcodriver

I am running Windows Vista Business Edition on my HP Compaq nx 7400 laptop. My graphics card is a mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family. I have an LG Flatron L1715S monitor attached set to Extended Desktop. The monitor can and has up to now been running at 1280 x 1024.
    However, a couple of days ago I had an automatic windows update including one to the Display, Mobile Intel(R) 945 Chipset. Since that time my monitor cannot be set to 1280 x 1024 and stays at 1024 x 768, though on the monitor's own menu system it tells me that it should be set at the higher figure, this option is greyed out.
    I have tried System restore but this has been unsuccessful, twice, no files being altered. I don't know how I can roll back this update. The LD driver is apparently up to date.

Any idea, please?

Many thanks in advance.

falcodriver, Mar 2, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. falcodriver

WAW8

Instead of rolling back Windows, you should go into Device Manager and see if you can roll back the device driver.

If that doesn't work, open Internet Explorer, take a look at the Microsoft Update Catalog, enter Intel 945 in the search box and see what it finds in terms of drivers for Vista.

WAW8, Mar 2, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. falcodriver

falcodriver

Unfortunately, the Roll Back Driver button is greyed out.
    The Microsoft Update catalogue doesn't contain the latest update for Intel 945, the last one for Vista being in June 2008.
    Any other thoughts?

falcodriver, Mar 2, 2011
  4. falcodriver

WAW8

Well ... you said you thought a driver update hosed your display, so installing an older driver might fix it. Would try the older driver.

WAW8, Mar 3, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question