Everything on screen larger from start-up

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by rondac, Nov 6, 2010.

1. rondac

rondac

When I logged on yesterday first thing, the log-in page data, the desktop icons and data on my home page were all larger that the night before. It is not just a question of resizing the icons, everything is larger. I did a system restore to a few days back and this fixed the problem but this morning when I logged in again the 'large' format was back. Does anyone know how I can rectify this problem.

rondac, Nov 6, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. rondac

Lech

I'm not sure what do you mean by "everything is larger". I'm guessing that all pages and windows appear magnified?! Most likely these changes are triggered by your own actions. Compare what you've done before it happened for the first and second time. Have you made any changes to the system? - installed some programs? - do you often use keyboard shortcuts? Sometimes you can trigger a change unknowingly by using certain sequence of keystrokes.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
    Lech, Nov 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. rondac

rondac

Everything is larger

Thanks Lech for your reply. I did a search on one of the other Microsoft Forum's and found someone who had a similar problem.
    They suggested changing the screen resolution which I have done and the problem has been fixed. Don't know how the screen resolution changed by itself, I certainly didn't do it. Something else must be triggering it, but at least now I know how to fix it. Thanks again for taking time to reply.

rondac, Nov 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question