Error when upgrading from RC1 to RC2

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by orlbuckeye, Oct 31, 2006.

1. orlbuckeye

orlbuckeye

I attemped to do an upgrade from RC1 to RC2 and when I got to the screen where it asked if I wanted to do an upgrade or a clean install it said Upgrade is disabled. The explanation below said I was attemping to upgrade a non-staged version with a staged version. I thought staging was a new process used in Vista installations. Is it possible to do an upgrade from RC1 to RC2 or do you have to do a clean install?

;):hehe::crying:

orlbuckeye, Oct 31, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. orlbuckeye

Darth Cracker

It is possible, but I would recommend a clean install. I tried to do an upgrade and when Windows went to boot for the first time in RC2, I'd get a Blue Screen. No problems with a clean install, however...just a lot of re-installing programs.

Not really sure why you are having the problem with trying to upgrade, but a clean install is the way to go anyways, in my opinion.

Darth Cracker, Oct 31, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. orlbuckeye

blackhat

you cant upgrade to xp when you already have xp.

and that's the same with vista.

blackhat, Nov 2, 2006
  4. orlbuckeye

kingofnexus

I had no trouble upgrading from beta 2 to RC1, and therefor there should be no problem upgrading to RC2. I have recently been on holiday and missed downloading RC2 and the download page has been removed, so i am stuck on RC1, therefore I can't test is or give you any info regarding upgrading from RC1 to RC2.

kingofnexus, Nov 5, 2006
  5. orlbuckeye

Jason

My guess is your rc1 is screwed up, you should be able to upgrade and not have to do a clean install. You probably will just have to do a clean install of rc2

Jason, Nov 5, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question