error: driver being installed id not validated for this computer

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by JaronDaWiz, Feb 22, 2009.

1. JaronDaWiz

JaronDaWiz

hey. i'm trying to update my intel(r) graphics media accelerator driver for mobile and i keep getting the following error message: the driver being installed is not validated for this computer. please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer's manufacturer. setup will now exit. the current version i have installed is 15.12.1.1510 and i'm trying to update to 15.12.1.1608. i got the driver update from intel's website. but the error's telling me to get that same driver from the computer manufacturer's website. but when i checked the website(TOSHIBA), they didn't have the driver i got from intel's website. i have a toshiba satellite L305-S5915 laptop with a windows vista home basic 32bit os. if there's some way i can bypass the error, or if there's some way i can get hold of toshiba's website to see if they can add the driver upgrade to their website as a supported upgrade, please let me know as to what i can do. thanks.

JaronDaWiz, Feb 22, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. JaronDaWiz

WAW8

I have an "old" Fujitsu laptop running Vista, and I had to go to the Intel site to grab the GMA video drivers for it. Fujitsu did not provide Vista drivers for their laptop.

If the Intel drivers won't install and Toshiba has no Vista drivers, there's really nothing else you can do. Even if you could "force" the Intel driver to install, you would then run the risk that the driver would not work and you would have no display.

WAW8, Feb 23, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question