Error 0x000006be and Runtime Error

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by dchick, May 30, 2012.

1. dchick

dchick

Hello Vista Forum People
    My problem is I get an error Interactive services dialog detection, when I open the message it says Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library application has caused runtime to terminate in an unusual way. I have a Dell 530 Inspiron and running Vista 64 (about 3 years old)
    I had uninstalled an old Dell AIO 942 Printer that was defunct and gone for some time, and was installing a new Brother MFC-J825DW when problems occurred. I lost all my printers and printer drivers, like pdf edit, doc u sign, and my Samsung SCX 4521F I can't reinstall any of them. If I try to add my printers I get "Windows can't open Add Printer Operation could not be completed (Error 0x000006be)" I tried to resart the print spooler, by going to control panel>admin tools> services> print spooler> properties> and under general tabmake sure automatic is on and click start and apply, it says the spooler has started, but it won't stay on.
    I have also tried Microsoft Fix it center, chatting with Dell techs, and from your forum information, I tried Bruce Sandersons How to clean print drivers and printer spoolers with cleanspl.exe and also have done the manual application of print spooler cleaning that he explains in his page. No good there either.
    I even tried to do a system restore but the issue started before my last restore so I went back to the same problem and that's the only restore point available. Then I tried to do a PC restore to start back with the manufactures settings and I got an error message #5 that said I couldn't do that either, so I'm hoping you can help me out!
    Please:eek:
    Thanks
    D

dchick, May 30, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question