Err: a cable is not plugged into the network adapter

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by gary22712, Dec 3, 2009.

1. gary22712

gary22712

Hello,

I have 4 computers in my office. After reimaging 3 of them due to infection with a worm, they will no longer access my DSL connection and network properly. I get the message in the subject line above. All of the cables are plugged in properly and worked properly before the reimaging. My 4th computer which was not reimaged is connecting properly to the internet. When I checked the Device Manager, the only difference that I can see on this working computer is that it has an additional entry under Network Adapters. It has the name of my modem, Westell Wirespeed Dual Connect Modem. My other 3 computers do not show this. Can this be causing the problem, and if so, how can I get the other 3 computers to recognize this?

I operate a wired office, NOT wirless, running Vista Business, on HP DX5800 computers.

Thanks!!

gary22712, Dec 3, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. gary22712

WAW8

If your DSL is run from an application, best best would probably be to reinstall that on the three machine that aren't working. That will most likely reistall the DSL driver as well.

WAW8, Dec 4, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question