Epson R2400 Driver...FireWire Problem

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by jbear, Feb 23, 2008.

1. jbear

jbear

Hi There,
    I have been using an Epson R2400 injet photo printer on my XP machine for about a year and a half. I just added an HP n8120M Quad running Vista Home Premium. I downloaded the new Epson Vista compatable driver and:
    1. <LI>No communication at all</LI><LI>Uninstall after several attempts to troubleshoot</LI><LI>Install OLD software...USB worked, but no Firewire.</LI><LI>Unistalled OLD software</LI><LI>Reinstalled NEW software again...USB but no Firewire</LI><LI>Unistalled NEW software (to see if another reinstallmighthelp)</LI><LI>Reinstalled NEW software...same thing...works fine but no Firewire communication.</LI>

Two questions:
    1. <LI>Is this just something I should forget about and just use the USB connection. I thought that Firewire would be faster, but...I can live with USB</LI><LI>Are there any ramifications to the unistalls and reinstalls that I did today...do I need to "clean" anything up to avoid problems down the line (if so...how do I proceed)?</LI>

Thanks very much (in advance) for your assistance!

jbear, Feb 23, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. jbear

WAW8

Have you checked to ensure that your firewire port(s) are enabled in the BIOS?

WAW8, Feb 24, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. jbear

jbear

Thanks for your response. No I haven't checked the BIOS...I fiigured (perhaps naively) that if the system included a Firewire port then it would be functional out of the box.I did run the diagnostic program that came with the computer. It shows that the 1394 device is working. Would that still show as a positive test result if it were disabled on the BIOS?

jbear, Feb 24, 2008
  4. jbear

WAW8

No, it wouldn't. The only posts I've seen where the firewire was known to work is when the printer was hooked to a Mac. Don't have one. Perhaps the firewire implementation on PCs is not the same as on the Macs.

Looks like you're stuck using USB.

WAW8, Mar 7, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question