enable Administrator in VISTA HOME BASIC

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by mehargags, Feb 20, 2007.

1. mehargags

mehargags

Hi all,

just got a new VAIO, with VISTA HOME BASIC preisntalled. I have experience with VISTA for past 4-5 months now, but the "ultimate" betas only. in which u just login with the First user u make, which is an Admin by default & then enable ADMINISTRATOR from the user control snap-in. But in VISTA HOME BASIC the snap-in doesn't load & says to use user account Icon from control panel. I have tried my whole knowledge & even googled alot but all methods point to the same above way i use for ultimate, but since there is no "USERs & groups" section in the computer management, how am i supposed to enable administrator a/c so i can login. Pls gurus, help me out, I need a clue badly.

Thx

mehargags, Feb 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. mehargags

brjohnsmith

Hi,

I dont know if I understood, but let me let you how to be available administrator account (this procedure I did on Ultimate).

Press Windows Logo + R (execute command), and type: gpedit.msc - go to computer configuration, then security option, then local security. Now you need to looking for the Administration account information - this account is disable (deactived), so you need to active this account.

The next boot, you will be able to see the administrator account.

It is a little confuse, but let me know if you didnt understand.

brjohnsmith, Feb 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question