Empire Earth II- Locks up CD drive in Vista, help?

Discussion in 'Gaming Support' started by coon72, Mar 25, 2008.

1. coon72

coon72

<SPAN class=post_inner><SPAN id=body0>I know old game, but new to me. I just got a newDell with Vista. I installed Empire Earth II just fine without any problems but when I tried to play the game it didn't start and then it wouldn't eject the CD. At one point in time I recieved an error message that said I was missing a dll...file or a mbll....file or something like that. But I can't seem to get that error message again. Anyone else have this problem?</SPAN> Anyone know how to fix this problem?</SPAN>

<SPAN class=post_inner>I have played other games and so far no problems.
    </SPAN>

coon72, Mar 25, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. coon72

WAW8

As a general rule, any program or game that does not have a written-for-Vista sticker on it is anyone's guess over whether or not it will work at all in Vista. Try using compatibility mode and tweaking the settings. You will either find a combination that works or you won't. IF you don't, it just plain won't work in Vista.

WAW8, Mar 26, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. coon72

BigE

EE2 does theEXACT same thing for me. Just got a brand-new Dell, was going to hold out for a Mac but then said, "naw, Vista should be just as good" and placed my trust in Microsoft. The general absence of help or [it seems] sympathy out there for this problem would cause anyone to re-think their decision.

Note for the non-sympathetic: For people who are not big-time game players or attached to the thing 24/7 - it takes a lot of time invested to learn how to play a game well on the old clunky system, only to not have it not work on the blazing-fast new system was a bummer...

Keep trawling, please post The Answer if you find it.

BigE, Nov 27, 2008
  4. coon72

WAW8

If a game NOT written for the Mac didn't run on the Mac, you wouldn't blame Apple for that; you'd blame the game manufacturer. I'm no fan of MS, but let's at least be fair when blaming a company when a product doesn't work. EE2 is not a MS-written game. If it doesn't work in Vista, blame the company that sells the game.

WAW8, Nov 27, 2008
  5. coon72

mbprince

I had the same thing to.

mbprince, Jan 31, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question