E: Drive Won't Read Any CD/DVD

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by superman7515, Jun 2, 2012.

1. superman7515

superman7515

I rarely use the E: drive for anything so I'm not sure how long the problem has been going on, but I started a statistics class for the summer semester that requires me to use a CD that came with my coursebook Unfortunately, my E: drive is now not reading anything and always tells me to insert a disk.

It is not just the CD for the course, I tried a burned CD with photos on it from last May (worked then, not now), I tried the Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007 CD, all four discs from the the Sim City box set... It won't read any of them.

When I go My Computer the E: drive still shows up there. When I go into Device Manager - DVD/CD Rom drives it shows TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653Z. Double clicking that brings up the device statuts saying "This device is working properly." I chose the Driver tab and it shows a green check mark next to C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys. Following the advice of another site, it has already been uninstalled and then Update Driver Software and the computer restarted, but to no avail.

When I go to Update Driver Software and choose the option to "Browse my computer for driver software" and then "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"... I see the green check mark next to CD-ROM Drive and nothing else. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and restarted the computer, again, no change in status.

Any ideas or suggestions? Any other information that I could offer that may be helpful? The sooner I can get this working, the better. My first assignment is due Monday! Gah!

superman7515, Jun 2, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question