DVD writer unable to burn DVD's,burning CD's successfully.

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by nirendsouza, Sep 11, 2009.

1. nirendsouza

nirendsouza

My Optiarc writer has been burning CD's successfully for me.However DVD's are a completely different story.

I've tried different media and different brands.....including 4.7GB standard and 8.5GB DL.

The problem is it starts burning the DVD and then just gives up some way into the process.

Using Nero i've been noticing a power reset error before it writing the short lead-out only a couple of minutes into the writing process and then failing completely.

I then tried using Nero express which started showing a PMA update failure.

So i chucked that and tried using Cheetah which is doing the same thing.It's burning a little bit and then giving up altogether.

I know it cn't be the laser cos then it wouldn't have burnt anything in the first place,right??so it must be some kind of software issue??

any ideas anyone??

nirendsouza, Sep 11, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. nirendsouza

WAW8

I was using a Plextor DVD burner, which I found out, is a rebranded OptiArc, also, It simply refused to recognize and burn DVD+Rs. I switched to a $24 Samsung DVD writer and all is fine.

Unless you can get a firmware upgrade that fixes your problem, you'll need to switch to a different brand.

WAW8, Sep 12, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question