DVD Burning under Vista or lack of it

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by lolsonjr, Jan 20, 2008.

1. lolsonjr

lolsonjr

I have dvd rw drive by Toshiba and the model is sd r5372. The system recognizes it as a dvd rw drive and it will read everything but, it does not seem to want to burn any dvd's. I have checked and it has the latest drivers and the latest firmware. It appears like it burns a disk in some programs but, after disk is ejected you will notice that it has never written anything to the disk. Any ideas??????

lolsonjr, Jan 20, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. lolsonjr

MafiaLord91

I think you need to close the session on the DVD.

MafiaLord91, Jan 20, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. lolsonjr

lolsonjr

Thanks,

finally I seem to have figured out how to burn dvd data disks but, it appears that only consistent way for is using Windows Media Player and using rerecordable dvd's by Fujifilm. Using Windows by itself produces fairly consistent errors. So I am a little confused yet????????

lolsonjr, Jan 21, 2008
  4. lolsonjr

MrMagic

If I might, let me suggest a much better solution for a CD/DVD burner. I have used Ashampoo Burning Studio 7.0 since Vista came out and have had zero problems with it. Its very inexpensive and worth the small cost. It will even read/burn Blue Ray if you have one.

Steve

MrMagic, Jan 22, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question