Dual Monitors

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by DMM Matt, Dec 19, 2006.

1. DMM Matt

DMM Matt

Hello,

I have a questions and I hope someone will be able to offer some help... I am using 4 monitors on my vista box, running on two X1650 PCIE 512 MB cards. I am having a problem getting windows to recognize the 4th monitor, has anyone every heard or ran into this problem?

-Matt

DMM Matt, Dec 19, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. DMM Matt

Camride

Can you explain exactly what is happening? Is nothing showing up on the monitor at all? Does Vista see the monitor? Which drivers are you running? The more details you can give the better.

:)

Camride, Dec 20, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. DMM Matt

DMM Matt

I have two PCIE X1650 cards running in the system. On the first PCIE slot I have the X1650 512mb running two 19" Doublesight monitors, (Vista sees these monitors and video card) this is working properly. On the second PCIE slot I have the other X1650 card running another two doublesight monitors. Vista recognizes the card in the device manager, but only outputs images to one monitor. It seems that the second DVI output on the card is not being initialized.

-Matt

DMM Matt, Dec 20, 2006
  4. DMM Matt

DMM Matt

It was solved... after all this troubleshooting, it boiled down to two monitors that were bad! What are the chances! I will post some screen shots of it soon, I love having 4

-Matt

DMM Matt, Dec 20, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question