dual monitor support?

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by e r y k, Dec 10, 2006.

1. e r y k

e r y k

since nobody can fix my memory issue, i decided to run vista on my PC.

everything went smooth, except when i leave my computer and the monitor goes into "power save" and turns off.

when i move the mouse / press a key on the keyboard to turn the monitor back on, one of my screens goes all green and has scanlines running across from it, and its all jagged. when this happens, i cannot even log back into vista, or see anything for that matter. i have no choice but to manuall reboot the computer and log back in.

the multi monitor support in vista really sucks, so i installed my nvidia drivers to see if i could use the nvidia multi monitor support and i cannot even find my nvidia control panel.

anyways, as a last resort, i installed ultramon, which is a 3rd party multi monitor support program which seemed to work fairly well. but then, when the monitor goes into power save again...

the same stupid thing happens.

i have currently given up running two monitors with vista, and im running just one until the whole monitor scanline problem goes away.

e r y k, Dec 10, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. e r y k

DMM Matt

Hello,

I have Vista running too, I did have problems at first running multiple monitors however; I have three out of the four running now. The first questions is what type of video card are you using for the dual monitors? Second, do you have WDDM drivers from either ATI or Nvidia? I had not trouble getting two working, only getting 4 running?

-Matt

DMM Matt, Dec 19, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. e r y k

bpoppa69

I get a similar problem, doesnt happen everytime I come out of sleep though. Restarting the computer seems to work for me. only happens on the second monitor which is hooked up on analog, the digital one it never happens.

bpoppa69, Dec 19, 2006
  4. e r y k

Jason

In early builds of vista this used to happen to my laptopl when it went to sleep. Then it stopped in later builds. Seems like a video driver issue, have you checked nvidias website for a new vista driver?

Jason, Dec 19, 2006
  5. e r y k

Camride

OP, if you can tell us what vid card you're running and which drivers you're using we can probably give you some advice. Also, which build of Vista are you using? The older the build the more likely you're going to run into problems like that. Give us some info on your build and we'll try to help you out.

:)

Camride, Dec 20, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question