Drivers

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by godly, Mar 5, 2007.

1. godly

godly

Please can anyone help me out finding drivers for my computer.

Firstly I have an ASUS P5LD2 motherboard and can't get my sound to work.

Add to this that I have a SERIAL ATA PCI Card that is not recognising my additional hard drives.

If there is anyone out there that can help me out I would really appreciated it.

godly, Mar 5, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. godly

WAW8

If you're running Vista (this is the Vista forum), go to the ASUS site and download the P5LD2 audio drivers for Vista. You'll find them prominently displayed on the motherboard download page. That should get your audio working.

WAW8, Mar 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. godly

pchelphsd

Running P5RD-VM and had same problem. Search for "Vista" at ASUS found P5something Vista Edition which has Soundmax drivers available for 32 and 64 bit Vista. Brought them in only to find they are for 1988 chipset rather than ADI1986A found on my mb. My machine, until Vista matures is a test installation for Promise RAID5 (beta drivers) so it's disposable. Installed the 1988 drivers and have normal sound. Haven't even so much as plugged a Mic. in or checked it any further.

pchelphsd, Mar 12, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question