Downloading Photos to CD's

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by AnthonyG, Apr 21, 2009.

1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG

My Son's family went out west for Easter Vacation. They have approx. 3 SD memory cards of 4 GB of photos each. The standard CD is 700 MB, how can I down load the photos onto CD's? Will Vista allow me to start downloading photos and tell me when CD is full and to insert a new one? If I place them on a DVD, can I then capture photos to print or e-mail? I have downloaded many photos to CD's, but never more than 700 MB at a time. Please advise.

V/R AnthonyG

AnthonyG, Apr 21, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. AnthonyG

WAW8

You can't "dowload photos to CDs" because CDs (and DVDs) are not filesystems -- you can't just copy files to them. In constrast, a USB stick or external hard drive IS a filesystem -- so you can just copy files to them.

You will need to use a CD burning program to collect a bunch for files for a CD, and then burn them to that CD. The programs typically show you the size of the file collection before you burn it -- so you will be able to tell if the collection will fit on the CD.

Sorry, don't use the Vista tools to do this; I user Nero instead.

WAW8, Apr 22, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question