Download error

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by Alarand202, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Alarand202

Alarand202

Basically, I bought the vista ultimate upgrade online yesterday and downloaded digital locker assistant but when it gets to 100% it says download error, *Downloaded item did not pass validation* and asks me if i want to download it again... I've tried reinstalling DLA but i doubt that has any effect, any suggestions?

Alarand202, Jun 19, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Alarand202

cyclic

Really the only choice is to download again, a corrupt download whilst not rare is also uncommon but it may not be the download at fault, check your hard drive for faults and bad clusters before downloading again, it maight be that the space where the files are being written has a bad cluster or two which would cause the whole thing to not validate.

cyclic, Jun 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Alarand202

Jason

Best fix is to try another PC.

Jason, Jun 20, 2007
  4. Alarand202

WAW8

It's not a download error; it's a validation error. Since you have to use DLA to download the upgrade, downloading it again will not fix it.

You're not going to like this, but there are a bunch of new posts on the MS forum about this problem suddenly appearing in the last few days.

They provided their standard suggestion of running a utility and sending them the results. They provided no suggestions as to how to fix this.

I've provided a link to the postings below so you can monitor that and see if MS posts any kind of fix for this:

http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1748837&SiteID=25

You might try going to the following site (www.microsoft.com/genuine) and clicking the Validate Windows button in the upper right. I know it sounds crazy, but maybe the validation code knows to check the DLA download and will validate that.

WAW8, Jun 21, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question