Download Activex on Vista

Discussion in 'Security' started by omkarlale, Jan 6, 2010.

1. omkarlale

omkarlale

Hi,

I have developed a web application. One of the web page requires to download the custom activex on client machine.
    This activex is developed byus and marked as safe for download. Since it is a activex dll we are packaging it in cab file which should deploy the activex on client machine.
    The packaging in done using the guidlines given in msdn (<SPAN style="COLOR: #0033cc">http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa751974(VS.85).aspx</SPAN>)

To test the download of activex we have used a test certificate(by Root Agency). Now since this test certificate is not default comes with IE we need to install it on testing XP machines which works fine and download the cab.

Now when we try to test it with Vista,Vistafirst asking forverification and if we click to install IE crashes.

The application log shows following error:
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: xx-small">Faulting application IEXPLORE.EXE, version 8.0.6001.18865, time stamp 0x4b077416, faulting module MyActivex.dll, version 1.x.x.x, time stamp 0x4afabb9c, exception code 0xc000000d, fault offset 0x0002d39d, process id 0x2c4, application start time 0x01ca8e01dcc1e525.

I have tried every possible thing. Added my application under trusted site. Lower the security. Allowed Activex and scripts to run.
    But nothing seems to be working for me.

Any help is appreciated.

Activex created with VC++ (VS 2003)
    Vista is Windows Vista Business SP2
    </SPAN>

omkarlale, Jan 6, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. omkarlale

robinson

I think you need to check the box next to the ActiveX installer service. Select either "manual" or "automatic" install. When you encounter a website that requires ActiveX it will prompt you for the install if you chose "manual" install. If you selected "automatic" install, the ActiveX will download and run when needed.

robinson, May 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. omkarlale

WAW8

While I appreciate your posting, did you bother the check the DATE of the original posting? You really think the OP is going to sit around for months waiting for an answer?

Please don't bump threads that are months old just to post something.

WAW8, May 23, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question