Downgrading Vista-64 to Vista-32

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by kmyck1, Jun 11, 2008.

1. kmyck1

kmyck1

I purchased a Roland cutter and the driver will not work with Vista-64 - the only solution would be to load Vista-32 to get the until to work with my system. I do have the 32 bit version, however, it will not install and is asking for "NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller" driver. I have gotten the 32-bit driver, and still Vista-32 will not load.

I've only had this computer system for two weeks now, and need to get this cutter up and running asap. Thanks!

kmyck1, Jun 11, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. kmyck1

Jordus

So when setup displays the button to click and load third party drivers, are you clicking it and pointing it to where the driver is? (flash drive, USB drive, etc)??

You have to actually get the driver to the windows installer so it knows where to find your hard disk.

Jordus, Jun 11, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. kmyck1

WAW8

I'm somewhat puzzled by your post title. Are you trying to install 32-bit Vista afresh? Or are you trying to "upgrade" an existing 64-bit installation to 32-bit? Because if it's the latter, as far as I know, that's not possible.

WAW8, Jun 11, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question