Dowload Accelerators

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by georgek9, Dec 11, 2008.

1. georgek9

georgek9

I have a new system, Vista, my previous system was an XP. I;m using a dsl line. Here's my problem:

With XP I would search the net for programs, games, video's that i wanted, I would copy the URL to a notepad and at my leasure i would copy from the notepad and drop the url's into the dropzones (Flashget or idm) , and download what i required.

With Vista i can download while on the net using flashget or idm, but if i try to download from my drop zone.. say 100m file , the download starts, 3 sec's later it says completed with only 25kb of data. It dosen't say d/l failed or anything.

I think i've checked everything on my system, options, IE options, codex's, spysweeper, av prog, firewall,even tried firefox brouser.. no effect.. I'm completely at a loss..There is something in Vista..It must be..

Help please

georgek9, Dec 11, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. georgek9

WAW8

The "something in Vista" could very well be that your "download accelerators" weren't written for Vista, or that they relied on some settings in XP that weren't carried over to Vista. You should first check with the providers of the download accelerators to see what they suggest.

I use Vista on several machines and have experienced no slowdown in network performance, when compared to XP (to which I dual-boot the same machines) in over two years; so, slow network performance is not a "Vista thing".

WAW8, Dec 14, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question