Double-clicking issue after installing Windows updates in Feb. 2015

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by dc2000, Mar 5, 2015.

1. dc2000

dc2000

Let me start off by saying that I do not install anything on this workstation, except Windows updates (which I should probably stop doing as well after I fix this issue.) The unrelated problem started after update KB3013455 was installed in Feb. 2015. To spare your time for explanation, it messed up Windows fonts. Here's a recap:

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-windows_update/kb3013455-ms15-010-causes-font-corruption/8640d38d-19bd-46b6-9af0-6213c05107d3

To be able to use my computer I had to uninstall it manually. After which I started to notice that my productivity was going down while my level of aggravation was going up when I was working on this particular system. Unfortunately the issue doesn't manifest itself all the time. I started to notice that once in awhile when I left click something it gets interpreted as a double-click. I know that it is system-wide because it happened in several programs.

So I was curious if anyone else experienced the same and what was your solution? It doesn't seem like a big deal, but those "wrong" double-clicks really drive me nuts!

PS. My OS is Vista x64.

PS2. After I rolled back KB3013455 I installed it back along with the fix KB3037639, hoping that it would solve my double-clicking woes, but it didn't...

dc2000, Mar 5, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question