Does Microsoft Support its own Products?

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by vistamad, Jun 2, 2007.

1. vistamad

vistamad

When Vista was announced, I downloaded the Uprgade Advisor from Microsoft6 to find out if my computer was compatible with Vista Ultimate which I intended to buy in May of this year. he resutls showed that I need to change the Video Card and Webcam, which I did.

Then in preparation of Vista and Office 2007 I bought microsoft wireless laser keyboard 6000 v2 . I download an updated version of the Vista Upgrade adisor and my computer passed with flying colors. NO mention whatsoever was made about my new keyboard.

On 25th ay 2007 I bought Vista Ultimate and to my great surprise when tried to boot in dual mode at the arrival of the black screen asking me to choose which Versio of Windows I wanted to boot from my Microsoft Laser Keyboard would not allow me t6o choose as the USB had vnot yet started. I tried my 10$ wired keyboard and this works perfectly well.

I upgraded to the latest software from Microsoft and lodged a compalint.

Microsoft help are still processiong my compalint , however their initial reply that USB starts later in the booting process leasves me to assume that

1) Either the Vista Enterprse is not equipt for UB laser keyboads from Microsoft6. (In fact ogtec wireles keyboard works well as I found out from the computer shop I bought my keyboard)

2) Microsoft does not support all of its own products.

This situation is most unfair and I expect that Microsoft will support its own hardware.

To my surpise

vistamad, Jun 2, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. vistamad

warlord

Strange,I have the Microsoft 6000 Laser Wireless mouse and Keyboard combo and have never had an issue with 32 or 64Bit with Vista Ultimate..both have worked flawless.....

warlord, Jun 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. vistamad

WAW8

I'm using wireless Logitech mouse and keyboard, and haven't had any problems in any OS with them (including Vista) but as a general rule, when installing a new OS, which is bound to install new hardware drivers (USB included), it's a good idea to switch over to the $10 keyboard and $5 mouse (both wired), until after the OS is installed and configured. That way, if there are any USB driver issues with the new OS, you won't end up without a working keyboard and mouse.

Now that Vista is installed, are you still having problems?

WAW8, Jun 6, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question