Disspearing Recycle Bin - Not the usual problem...

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by SirKeats, Jun 28, 2008.

1. SirKeats

SirKeats

I'm having a recycle bin issue that's different from what I've been seeing posted about on the web normally.

It seems like many folks have had problems where when they empty the bin, the icon itself dissapears but the text is still there. There are directions on a fix for this issue everywhere.

My problem is different. It seems that my recycle bin is being removed from the desktop entirely. For example, when I restart the computer, the bin is gone. I go into the desktop icons section in the personalize menu and the box for the bin is unchecked. I check the box. The bin comes back fine and works fine. I restart the computer again... bin is gone. Into the desctop icons section of the personalize menu and the box for the recycle bin is unchecked!!

Basically something keeps unchecking the box for the recycle bin for some reason.

Any ideas on what's going on and how I might fix?

I'm on vista home premium.

Thanks!

SirKeats, Jun 28, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. SirKeats

kingofnexus

Well, i'm not sure how to solve this problem myself, but it sounds like upon log off the registry is not being written to properly to save the changes you've made.

Open up command prompt with admin privalleges and run the command 'sfc /scannow'. It scans the registry and fixes windows errors. Its a long shot, but its the only thing I can think of. I usually do a google on problems I'm not sure on, but pressed for time at the minute, i'll update this post if I have enough time to gind anything else for you to try.

kingofnexus, Jul 1, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question