Disappearing Menu Bar

Discussion in 'Sidebar & GUI Customization' started by newsomer, Jan 27, 2008.

1. newsomer

newsomer

Hello, I'm new to Vista and new to these forums. I have a strange problem that I am not sure will have a solution but I'll be glad for any input.

I am running Vista on a new laptop using a port replicator allowing me to connect to my old desktop's LCD monitor so I get an expanded desktop. In addition to that I am using a four port KVM. That all works fine but the problem is if I run the laptop using Aero and I use the KVM to switch the second monitor, keyboard, and mouse to another computer my menu bar goes completely transparent except for the upper edge and the start button. I can still access the toolbars and program icons but I have to find them by hovering and reading the pop up tag. They still work I just can't see them. If I set the laptop to use standard theme settings (anything but Aero) the menu bar is fine.

Anyone else have a similar problem with Aero?

newsomer, Jan 27, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question